Saturday, June 12, 2010

Tangle Teezer Vs. Goody Ouchless Paddle Brush

I've been promising a proper review of the Tangle Teezer and I think it's time I delivered. Today, the Tangle Teezer is facing off with Goody's Ouchless Paddle Brush.

Round One: Size and Shape


The main difference here is the lack of a handle on the Tangle Teezer. I thought that the lack of handle would really bother me, but it doesn't. The Tangle Teezer is molded to fit well in the hand. I have more control over what I'm brushing.

I actually really like not having a handle. Holding tightly to a small cylinder for long periods of time can cause fatigue in your hands, believe it or not. I don't get cramps in my hands from the Tangle Teezer.

The Goody brush does have an advantage over the Tangle Teezer in that the handle can reach farther, but the advantage isn't a big one.

I'm awarding Round One to the Tangle Teezer.

Round Two: Bristles
                           
                                                     Goody Ouchless Brush Bristles

As you can see, the bristles are tipped in plastic and are bent. What makes this brush "Ouchless" is the holes around each bristle. Instead of ripping the hair when the bristle hits a snag, it retracts into the brush. It does make it harder to untangle snarls, though, since it refuses to go through them.

                                                          Tangle Teezer Bristles

The bristles on the Tangle Teezer are almost soft. They're flexible and bend if you apply pressure to them. As you can see, they lack that rubber tip on the end. When they hit a snag, they bend and pull a few hairs from the snarls. In that, they're more efficient at detangling than the Ouchless brush.

This round is a tie because the bristles on the Goody Ouchless brush really are "ouchless," but the Tangle Teezer is better at taking on tangles.

Round Three: Looks


This round is won hands down by the Tangle Teezer. Goody's baby blue plastic brush can't even touch Tangle Teezer's large variety of colors and sizes.  And come on, purple GLITTER?! That's a whole new level of awesome.

The Winner is.....The Tangle Teezer!


You can find the Tangle Teezer on Ebay in assorted colors and sizes. It's a British product, so you may have to shell out a bit for shipping. I found that even with shipping, my Tangle Teezer came out to less than $20; totally worth it in my opinion.

4 comments:

  1. I love that there is no handle and it fits into the hand...for an arthritic person like me a small round handle is death to my hands! i don't really brush my hair but I may bet one for someone else in the house! thanks for a detailed and lovely contest!
    Love to you
    Kimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotten negative comments on-line when I've posted about having a Tangle Teezer and liking it saying it's more for short hair and that a BBB is the only way to go when you have long hair. I say don't knock it until you've tried one. I have both...And, love both for different reasons. I love my Tangle Teezer though. It's a cool invention and it works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have long hair and was using a paddle brush until a friend suggested tangle teezer, it get's the big thumbs up from me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mistake people make is that the Tangle Teezer isn't for brushing, it's a DETANGLER! ..TT all the way.

    ReplyDelete