Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Nightblooming's Triple Moon Oil and Panacea Salve

My hair's been feeling a little dry lately and I decided to do a treatment.

Now for those of you unfamiliar with my favorite products, I'll have to pimp them out.

Many people use different kinds of oils on their hair. Olive oil, coconut oil and/ or milk, kukui oil, jojoba oil, yogurt, avocado oil, grapeseed oil and rapeseed oil are all common things people use to oil their hair. I personally find olive oil to coat my hair and make it stringy and greasy. I've had good results from kukui, jojoba and coconut oil and, in fact, use coconut oil routinely on my little girls. I still use jojoba to smooth back flyaways.

My personal favorite for oiling my hair is Nightblooming's Triple Moon Anointing oil. The ingredient list is: cold-pressed unrefined sunflower oil, primrose oil, shea nut oil, nettle infused oil, sea buckthorn oil, and essential oils of bay, birch, cedarwood, german chamomile, lavender, red thyme, rosemary, sage, tea tree, ylang-ylang. It smells mostly of rosemary and tea tree to my nose. I love herbally scents, so it works well for me. You can check out my tutorial on how to oil your hair in the YouTube bar to the left.

The Triple Moon Anointing Oil comes in a small sample bottle for a few dollars, or the larger 4 oz. bottle, which comes with a glass dropper for easy measuring.

My other favorite treatment is Nightblooming's Panacea Salve. This stuff is AWESOME! It's creamy and light and smells incredible. It's available in vegan and non-vegan blend. I think that the vegan blend leaves out the honey.

Ingredients are listed as; Certified Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Herbal infusion of Rooibos (Aspalathus linearis), Pure Refined Coconut Oil, African Wild Honey, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol (pro-Vitamin B5), Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid , and the Essential Oils of Frankincense, Myrrh, Sweet Orange, Ylang-Ylang, and Limone.

I use it on the tips of my hair and I really think it's softened them and helped prevent split ends. I've heard raves about using it as a hand cream, too. I've never intentionally just put it on my hands, but after applying it to my hair, I simply rub any extra into my hands.


Nightblooming is truly a joy to work with. She whipped up a custom cassia/henna blend for me, based on the color I was looking for and how much I wanted to spend. She has colorless blends that just condition and add gloss and shine. I personally use them and you can see the before and after results in the previous blog.


*** I wanted to let you guys know that the container of Panacea Salve in my photos is the *old* tin container.  Nightblooming has switched to a new twist-top plastic container that is much easier to open.  Check out her Etsy site here for more information.***

No comments:

Post a Comment