Sunday, June 27, 2010

On Shorter Hair

I've had a bit of feedback and I wanted to clarify my stand on hair a little bit.

So, I have long hair. This blog focuses more on long hair than anything else, I would say. I like long hair, if it's healthy.

Recently, I've had friends with longer hair apologize to me because they cut off their hair. I guess I come across a little too strongly in favor of long hair.

I don't want you guys to get the wrong impression about me. I'm not anti-short hair. I like short hair almost as much as I like long. I just like hair. If a person takes joy or pleasure from their hair, it makes me happy.

I know in my own life, I have cut off large amounts of hair on three separate occasions. It was the right time for me to lose that length and it felt wonderful. I felt like a new person. It was a liberating experience. 

So, please, don't apologize because you've cut your hair or enjoy having shorter hair. Enjoy your hair, no matter the length (or texture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment