Thursday, July 22, 2010

New Length Shot, New RInse and a Picture of My Dog

This posting is going to be all over the place, so I do apologize.

First thing is a new length shot from Lyndsey. Her hair is looking better every day.


Looks great, huh? It's gained in length and looks so much healthier.

Next, I made myself a chamomile and lavender hair rinse.

Chamomile
Lavender

 It smells amazing and I made enough to last me a couple of rinses. I haven't used it yet because I haven't washed yet. I plan on taking it into the shower with me to rinse after conditioner.

I set it to simmer for a moment in water and within seconds (really!) the whole house smelled like lovely herbal tea. My kids complained that the smell was too "spicy," but I thought it just smelled amazing.

I'm still waiting for my shipment of Monistat 4% to arrive. I'm thinking it should be here any day, but tracking USPS is so unreliable. I'm just so impatient!

And last, but not least, I got this great picture of my dog, Daisy. She's an eight pound Tibetan Spaniel/Poodle mix. We've had her since she was a puppy and she's two now. I just love dogs!

Up to no good.
I caught her there. I hope she didn't place a huge bid for some junk on Ebay. She's sneaky like that.

3 comments:

  1. Daisy is a cutie! Also, your couch looks exactly like mine.

    I've been following along for a while, but I think this is my first comment. I clicked my way over from your link on Green (where I'm num, btw).

    Anyway, I was wondering- what is the purpose of the hair rinse, and have you tried it before? It sounds like it would smell lovely, and I have both lavender and chamomile at home, so I'm interested in trying if it may benefit my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Maryam! The theory behind the rinses is that the flowers release oils when steeped. The oils, when rinsed through your hair condition your hair. I recommend Cat Mint or Cat Nip (leaves, not stalks) for a very effective rinse that helps prevent split ends.

    This lavender rinse was mostly done as an experiment, although I know other people use lavender and chamomile for rinsing.I wanted to know if it would help *me*.

    If you do try the rinse, I'd love to hear how it worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, cute puppy! She looks like she's doing something sneaky on that computer :)

    ReplyDelete