Wednesday, July 14, 2010

New Arrivals: Ravenscroft Fork

I recently purchased my first fork not made by my favorite, Grahtoe Studios. I've been watching a store called "Ravenscroft" which had been closed for a lengthy period of time.

She's especially known for her moon forks, which are very different from other forks. I've been wanting one for a long time, but haven't taken the plunge yet.


I saw that she had opened up shop again and decided to make a purchase to see her work up close. I decided on a bocote two prong fork.


Looks lovely, doesn't it? So glossy and sleek.

It came packaged wonderfully. I love the way some Etsy shops package their items. Grahtoe, for example, is wrapped up in tissue paper with a lovely vine ribbon. The Morbid The Merrier comes with the lip balms wrapped up like little candies. It's so exciting to unwrap lovely wrapping and find something even lovelier underneath.

It came with a cute card, a glittery box (which my five year old daughter immediately snagged) and two surprise hair sticks. They're raw and organic looking and I absolutely adore them.



When I first held the fork, I was pretty surprised at how small and narrow it was. I was worried that it would be too small for my hair. I shouldn't have worried. It's handled everything I've thrown at it so far.



It's beautiful and glossy and smooth. It goes so well with my hair. I think that the tighter tines of this style of fork would be perfect for thinner or shorter hair, but as you can see, it works just fine in my hair.

This fork will be perfect for those days when I want something a little smaller. I'll be watching her shop for the perfect moon fork.

3 comments:

  1. I just followed the link to try to figure out what a moon fork is and oh what I found!

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/50717674/aum-ohm-om-symbol-hair-spike-in-wormy

    An Om hairstick! How awesome. I'm trying so hard not to spend money, though! I'll have to wait and hope that it's still there or she'll make me one when I feel more financially stable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hairstick would be perfect for you, too. East Indian Rosewood? Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is on my wishlist for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete