Thursday, September 9, 2010

Treseme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo: A Good Solution To Post Workout Greasies?

I've run into a predicament. I've been hitting the gym every day and getting sweaty and gross. With hair this long, if I washed every day, my hair would never dry. Plus, it would wash out all those lovely oils I purposely put into my hair to keep it nice.

I used to use dusting powders from Lush to help absorb oil in between washings to help stretch out my washes. I like using Candy Fluff on my roots as it smells fabulous and really does absorb the oil.

 But Candy Fluff ain't cutting it for the after work-out greasies and besides, sweat is a lot grosser than just regular hair oil.

What to do, what to do...? I've been just wearing it up every day to hide the disgusting mess my hair has become, but I need a better solution.

I recently saw an advertisement on the television for a new dry shampoo from Treseme. I'm not a big fan of Treseme, even though their shampoo and conditioner comes in larger bottles for less money. It's just never really worked for me, although I know some people really like their stuff.

"Fresh Start Dry Shampoo" comes in packaging that looks just like a can of hairspray. The website says to spray your roots evenly, brush out, then style as usual. While I'm a little wary of spraying anything on my hair, I might give this stuff a shot.



I've just got to figure out how to handle my hair now that I'm working out and getting it sweaty.

Has anyone tried this stuff? I've been on the lookout for it in the grocery stores, but things come slowly to Hawaii (we still don't have Sonic or Chic-fil-a!) If I hear good things about it, I may end up having a friend pick some up and mail it to me.

3 comments:

  1. I don't have any insight for you on the shampoo.

    But I must say based on your (gorgeous) length shot the workouts are "working" !!

    Keep up the great work and good luck with your quests: long hair, fitness, and move to the mainland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you looked into making your own? This is a great recipe:

    http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=55674

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOhh making your own sounds good, i will have to check that one out! let me know what you find out, if you try it!!
    do you like working out now?

    ReplyDelete