Sunday, January 16, 2011

When Haircuts Go Wrong

Wow! It's been a while since I last posted. Don't worry, nothing dramatic has happened since my last post. I'm still thinking about cutting my hair, but I've decided to think about it for a while before doing anything drastic that I might regret.

I've been getting a lot of compliments about my daughter's hair lately, so I figured I would share with you guys.

My oldest daughter is five and in kindergarten. She's only had a few trims. The last one I did myself about a month ago and took off about three inches (they were really dry and had started becoming like velcro).






She was really excited that I was taking a length shot of her hair.

If you're wondering about the choppy mess at the front, we're still recovering from a massive chop her brother gave her about a year ago. When I say massive, I mean MASSIVE. I found foot-length swaths of hair all over the house.






It looked like a mullet and was even down to the scalp on top. I was so mad that my son hid in the closet. Sofie, on the other hand, didn't really seem too upset about the hair cut. Thankfully, it's now long enough in the front to french braid back out of her face.

2 comments:

  1. When I was in the first grade there was a little girl who wore her hair in two braids that were about classic length. They were long enough to sit on, anyway.

    I loved her hair so much. She inspired me then and the memory of her still inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's totally adorable.
    Raising kids is a difficult and tiresome job but I'm glad you take time to have perspective and enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete