Sunday, January 2, 2011

CHI Silk Infusion vs. FX Silk Drops

A couple of months ago, I decided I wanted to try silk drops. I stopped into my local CVS and absentmindedly grabbed a bottle of CHI Silk Infusion (it wasn't cheap, either.)

When I saw that I had grabbed the wrong thing, I looked up reviews online, which were mostly favorable, and decided to try it out anyway.

The smell is a bit masculine, but since I don't regularly smell my own hair, I figured that wouldn't really bother me. I really liked it, at first. I smoothed some on my hair and was amazed to see how easily I could comb through tangles.

After regular use, though, I noticed some issues. The smell lingers and it really did bother me. CHI Silk Infusion really builds up in my hair and clings to my comb, even with washing. Combing my hair every morning made my hair look seriously greasy, even if I had recently washed. I was having to wash more frequently, which is a major pain in the butt with as much length as I have. The CHI had to go.

I think the CHI Silk Infusion would probably work better if I washed every day and heat styled (and didn't mind the smell.) For those of you that fit these criteria, you might give it a go if you were curious about it. It does have a lot of reviews by people who really love it, so I do believe it's probably a good product for the right person.

Undaunted, I started looking in my local shops for silk drops and finally found FX Silk Drops. I really like them. They're really light but make my hair smooth and glossy without build up. They don't smell of anything, which is great. It's nice to be able to smooth a couple drops onto my length and braid my hair. Braids stay sleek for longer and don't go "fuzzy" for a much longer time.

I'm going to give it a bit more time before I give it a formal stamp of approval, but so far, I'm really liking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment